OliCOS® is a nutraceutical for weight management, manufactured(GO2KA1: 60%, GO2KA3: 40%) by a patented enzymatic digestion of the natural polysaccharide chitosan.
Several clinical, pre-clinical, and animal trials suggest that OliCOS® has effect on weight management.
The main cause of body fat is due to high fat and/or high carb diet that is easily digestible in our body such as a sugar.
Advanced OliCOS® helps to prevent:
a) glucose spikes, b) fat absorption and c) fat synthesis, through multiple and superior mechanisms.
1. Control starch and sugar breakdown via inhibition of carbohydrate digesting enzymes
2. Control fat absorption via fat binding properties
3. Control fat synthesis via promotion of AMPK expression
- The change in body fat (p = 0.005), waist circumference (p = 0.029) and lean body mass (p= 0.005) in the test group was significantly different from the placebo group
In the study above, 500 mg of OliCOS was taken three times a day for 12 weeks.
As a result, taking 500 mg of OliCOS 3 times a day for 12 weeks in 51 subjects, body fat (P = 0.005), waist circumference (p = 0.017), and body mass (P = 0.023) were significantly decreased compared to the control group.
The intake of 400 mg of OliCOS three times a day for 12 weeks.
- In the first efficacy evaluation items, there were significant differences in body fat doses of the left arm, left total, right trunk, right leg, right total, right leg and total (p=0.011, 0.025, 0.029, 0.022, 0.007, 0.01)
- In the secondary efficacy evaluation items, there were significant differences in weight, and BMI (p=0.014, 0.009).
Fat is digested and absorbed through a decomposition process after emulsified by bile acid, and obstructing micelle increases fat excretion in the small intestine. OliCOS interfere the emulsify of fats, so it can suppress the absorption of fat in the small intestine.
Image 1. An image of adding OliCOS (right) to fat after micelle formation by adding bile acid.
Image 2. An image of OliCOS disturbing the formation of micelle and making soluble fats into insoluble fats.